Jacksonville is home to many attractions and events held throughout the year. Some events are held on an ongoing basis, while others are just held once a year. Here are the top annual events found throughout Jacksonville, Florida.
Popular Annual Events in Jacksonville
- Gator Bowl - January
- Mardis Gras JAX - February
- Gate River Run - March
- Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - March
- Great Atlantic Seafood & Music Festival - March
- Jacksonville Jazz Festival - April
- Starry Nights Concerts at Metropolitan Park - April
- Blessing of the Fleet - April
- Springing the Blues - April
- Tree Hill Nature Center Butterfly Festival - April
- World of Nations Celebration - May
- The Players Championship - May
- Mug Race - May
- Jacksonville Film Festival - May
- Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival - May
- Freedom, Fanfare & Fireworks - July
- Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament - July
- Florida vs. Georgia Football Classic - October
- Jacksonville Sea & Sky Spectacular - October
- Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair - November
- Planetfest - November
- Jacksonville Light Parade - November
- Northeast Florida Veg Fest - November
Along with this list of annual events, Jacksonville is also home to the Jacksonville Jaguar and they play eight home games in the fall every year.
Highlighting a Few Annual Events
The Players Championship is considered by many to be the fifth major tournament for the PGA Tour. Golfers, such as Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els and many others play in this huge tournament.
The Florida vs. Georgia Football Classic is another huge event found in the Jacksonville area every year. This rivalry goes back many years and the tailgating is simply amazing.
All of these events are held every year and provide plenty of fun for those living in the greater Jacksonville area.
Round Table Realty